Skip to main content

A wonderful person uncle Gul Aman

The great uncle Gul Aman was a very nice man and would love being with youth all the time because of his love for sports. I don't ever remember any local tournament in which he was not sitting in the stadium, without him being a quiet admirer and critique we would feel incomplete. He was very fond of volleyball and used to play with us although he did not like what it is called "smashing" but he would love "shooting". I remember the day when I was also a student of volleyball (and used to scolded by Ghullam Baig) he introduced a new style of hand and wrist movement. The first day when I saw the style it so deeply inculcated in me that the whole night I slept with my hand holding in his style. One day we were playing a football match against some team of Hunza he came running to me in the half time and told me that if I keep the same slow pace as in the half time he will kick me out of the ground. I was so touched by his emotions shown that in the next half was full of energy and with a winning spirit. We won that match and he was relieved. He was a true sportsman. He used to take the game very seriously and used to advise us that the true essence of the game is in its rules. He had a craze for indoor games and would walk all the way down from Dalgiram to Gozz at Sikander Mirza's biryani house to play or simply watch the game of ludo. Uncle, we will really miss you as you kept the same spirit of sportsmanship even during your illness. People would hardly imagine that you knew the intensity of your illness. May God rest your soul in eternal peace. entry 8/5/2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khrorgh, Tajikistan(please note the landscape)

Hi

Hope things are good with all my blog readers (if anybody reads it). I have started working for GECA as a vice chairman for education. I am looking forward to provide facilities to the youth but not limited to, so that they come to one plateform and add thier potionals to make a big whole. Having said that I feel that their is some generation gap between youth and adults (in most of the cases people determine thier generation). What is required at the moment is forget that gap come close to work togather. When I was young I had emotions to help but did not know how to help and when I am adult I know how to help but do not want youth to kill my emotions. It is like when I had teeth I did not have food and when I have food I do not have teeth. Anyway visit GECA website www.geca.org.pk and send me your valuable comments. Tayib

Phander

I have been trying to upload some very good photos from Phander and the old silk route but I could not do so. The internet is too slow to do that anyway I will keep on trying. People who are intrsted in knowing how Pamiri people from Pakistan celebrate their eid should wait for my next blog entry. I will be having some wonderful pictures as well and hope the net problem by then will be resolved. Please keep in touch and let me know if anybody wants any type of information about Pamir - i - Pakistan. Please send me your comments.